Saturday, May 31, 2014

Good Tool, Good News, Good Day!

    Good morning! Started out my day, yesterday, by going the opposite direction of Canoe Camp. Lucky for me, there's a Woodcraft store in the Denver Tech Center. I bought my first adze there, and it's not a very common tool! 
    The journey took far longer than I had hoped. I almost turned around, and headed for home, willing to write the day off... but I couldn't. I had to, at least, go SEE Tess. Walking down the street from the last bus, I saw lights on, in the museum. It's a nice little "historic park," with an old sod house. I pass by it, twice, every day. I ventured in, and introduced myself to three nice ladies. 
    They were excited about Tesla, and offered to display the canoe, while I paddle the Missouri! There's a Cider Festival here, in early October. It looks like I'll be back to finish Tess, at that point. We practically have a PLAN, here! There's a neighbor, across the street, who has a flatbed. The ladies will see if we can use it. If not, Jake has a big truck, right down the street. All we need, now, is some man-power... AFTER I move some wood!
    I tried-out the new adze... NICE! I barely got any choppin' in, before it rained HARD. That's okay... we had a good day. Today, I'm gonna help her shed some pounds!
                                     Canoe! Canoe!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment