Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Starboard

    Good morning! Another good day of choppin', yesterday! I started on the starboard... and stayed there, all day. We're starting to see her curves, now! 
    I brought the bow and stern in, and defined the gunwales a little better. This is a slow process, at this point, as I get near her finished lines. I'm just talking about the outside of the canoe, of course. There's plenty of good choppin' to do, INSIDE! Again... I'll SLOWLY carve outward, until we have her actual dimensions. 
    Her stern is very interesting. I still have to lay some "hero chops" on her, to whack the end off. I started to do that, cleaning up the starboard stern area. So far... so good!
    I'm really trying for some symmetry, here. I wasn't able to use this trees curves, as I did with Knotty The Dugout Canoe. Though I like to do that, symmetry can be good, when carving watercraft. I'm half-blind, and "eyeballin" it," but she'll look pretty good, I'm guessing.
                                            Canoe! Canoe!

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment