Sunday, May 18, 2014

Oh... YAY-AH!

    Good morning! Perfect chopping weather, yesterday! The light was terrible again, thanks to very overcast skies. In fact, you couldn't see the mountains... at all! It was kind of weird. The sun peeked through, once in a great while. 
    I helped out in the garden, pulling some weeds, and such. I do what I can, to help out, around there. It's a huge property (for the city), and takes a lot of work. Lucky me, it's a wonderful place to carve, as well!
    Anyway... I started to dig down, and Tess brought my attention to her bow. I worked on it, bringing it down, and in. YES! Finally, she looks a little more balanced! I enhanced the lines on her gunwales, as well, to show off her shape. Before I was done, I coated these areas with linseed oil. These lines are getting close to the actual "finished" lines, and I won't be chopping on them, much. I can't let them dry out!
    My back is killing me, and it's Sunday... the nightmare day on the bus. I'm taking a day off, today, to recover. I'm excited about the coming week! Stay tuned... 
                             Canoe! Canoe!













 

No comments:

Post a Comment