Friday, May 2, 2014

Love Is Here

    Good morning! A BEAUTIFUL day, yesterday! Headed out, on my long bus journey, anticipating a good day's work. I was right! But... it wasn't what I was thinking...
    One of the neighbors needed some help, when I got there. This, after helping Miss Ellie get her tractor going. Randy had some things to move out of a storage unit. Go figure. I did this a few months ago, myself. Nobody helped me, and I remember that. This guy had nobody to help him, until I showed up. I talked to Tess, and she assured me that it was "the thing to do."
    I jumped in his VERY questionable vehicle (nothing new, for me), and headed to his storage unit. Little did I know, but it was a LONG drive from Canoe Camp! We had a few things slow us down, and had to make TWO trips, in the end. Actually, he made a third, without me. This process, however, took all day.  I had no reason to complain. Randy did all this after he "got his chemo." Cancer is trying to take TWO people in Canoe Camp. 
    This is an unusual pattern... my last Canoe Camp had ONE person dealing with the same problem. Dugout Canoe Love is here, for a reason. I think I'm beginning to understand...
    I got back to Tess, and coated her well, with some more linseed oil. My back was starting to hurt. By the time I got home, the pain was getting really bad. It wound-up as a sciatica thing... excruciating! I couldn't sit down, anymore. Long night. Not great sleep. As I write this, I'm having trouble sitting, again. I will attempt to go, anyway. I feel the need. Canoe! Canoe!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment