Monday, May 5, 2014

Ready To Flip!

    Good morning! Great day choppin', yesterday! It was Sunday, so the bus ride was even longer than normal... almost 3 hours... each way! I'd MUCH rather be camping with Tesla, but I'm dealing with it. At "My Stop," there was a man out early, spraying weed-killer onto the rocks lining the street across from me. It was PROBABLY "Roundup," and he had no mask on. Ah, "civilization!"
    Anyway, after the very long bus ride, I finally got to Tess! I carved on her bottom some more, smoothing it out fairly well. I finally got rid of her tall knot, on the stern! THAT was fun. She looks pretty damn good, though not "finished," on the hull. I needed to leave room for "adjustments," as, again, I haven't SEEN the top of the canoe since we made Canoe Camp! 
    Today, the goal is to FLIP HER! Miss Ellie has a tow-strap, and I will find a vehicle, and some "rollers." I'm planning on setting her on top of two piles of chips that I've made from her. If there are 4X4 posts around, I can use them, but there shouldn't be a need. I kind of like the idea of using the chips. This is something I can ALWAYS do, when making the canoes. Canoe Camps are always unique, in one way, or another. That's part of the fun of this job! The carving, however... though somewhat "random," always entails certain things... like FLIPPING the tree! If I can have ANY consistency, like the "chip blocks," I'll feel better, somehow. I think. I'm rambling... gotta get choppin'!
                                   Canoe! Canoe!










No comments:

Post a Comment