Saturday, May 10, 2014

Chop Chop!

    Good morning! Got a ride to Canoe Camp, yesterday, so we could transport the saw back across town. After gathering up chips for my Mom, I forgot to give her the SAW! I just started CHOPPIN'! We're gonna try again, today...
    Anyway, I continued finding the canoe's "lines," bringing out the bow and stern, and exposing the gunwales some more. To my surprise, the big section on top of the starboard gunwales, once exposed, showed good wood, underneath! THAT'S a load off, let me tell ya!
    I was able to start knocking down the huge hump, on the top of the canoe. I really beat myself silly, yesterday! I'm happy to see her lines becoming more obvious, as I know the passers-by can see it now, too! After a little more progress, I'll be reaching out to the school, down the street. I want them to come chop, but I didn't have the time to set-up a "program" for the school to actually create this canoe. Maybe next time...
                                                 Canoe! Canoe!









   

No comments:

Post a Comment