Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Shorty

    Good morning! Got some good choppin' in, yesterday, before the rain came. I worked on the port, mostly. I'm matching it up with the starboard side. As i do this, I continue to dig DOWN! The gunwales are becoming more defined, now, and the whole canoe is looking more balanced. This is SLIGHTLY important!
    My back is, as always, rather questionable. I don't know if it was the choppin', or the rain coming in, but it bothered me a lot, yesterday. It was probably a combination of the two. My knees are a pretty good guage of the weather, as well. Lucky me.
    I'm loving this project! That said, the frequent posts of Brian Duncan have got me... a bit nutty! My anticipation of the reunion with Knotty The Dugout Canoe is heightened. I love the Missouri like no other river. She's very special to me, as are the people around her. For this reason, along with my back, I'm seriously considering renting a chainsaw, and moving this project along. One way or another, I've gotta "get 'er DONE!" 
    Now, this is another thing. Knotty has been outside, in the dry Montana weather, for almost a year, now. She's a tough canoe, and I've been assuming she will be fine, when I arrive. There is, however, the possibility of her "checking," or splitting from the dryness. This would mean some extra maintenance. Tesla, though considerably shorter, might just be my backup, in an emergency. It never hurts to have extra dugout canoes around!
                                       Canoe! (and) Canoe!





    

No comments:

Post a Comment