Saturday, May 24, 2014

Down & Dirty & The Bow

    Good morning! The weather continues to be rather unusual, in Canoe Camp. Rain, wind, hail, and lightning continue their dance, hitting different areas of town, all day long! Sometimes I just keep choppin', but there are times when it's too much.
    Yesterday, I spent the first part of the day working on the inside of the canoe, diggin' DOWN & DIRTY! The depth is noticeable, now. A late rain got me packin', but I waited it out, looking at the canoe. This gave me a "second wind," and a new focus... the bow. It was time to clean-up her port-side, up there. 
    I had to improvise. My back was already killing me, and the area I wanted to work on was rather low. I pulled-up a chair, sat down, and started choppin'! It worked well, and I got rid of her jowls. I may have to lose that baggage off her stern, today... we'll see.
                             Canoe! Canoe! 









No comments:

Post a Comment