Sunday, May 4, 2014

So Close...

    Good morning! Great day, yesterday... not much wind, very warm, with clouds giving some relief from the sun. Of course, I'm talking about Canoe Camp. That was AFTER I got there...
    The ride in was great! A young girl, new to town, was trying to figure out the bus system. I gave her the phone number, and web-site, for RTD. Then, I guided her to the two main stations on 16th St. Mall, since she was headed my way. At the bus stop, a wheelchair-bound woman sped away, dropping her sweatshirt. She didn't hear me calling her, as I went to pick it up, and sped away! A nice girl, who was right where it happened, decided to grab the shirt before I could (handling two trees and my pack), and ran after her! Beautiful. Another girl needed a pen, which I had in my pack. Later, on the way back, I offered a tissue to a crying girl on the light rail. After this simple act, the two girls across from her started to console her. Beautiful.
    Anyway... GREAT DAY, like I said! The choppin' was pretty good, too! The hull is almost ready to flip. Today, I plan on getting her ready to flip A.S.A.P.! I'll finish flattening her, and oil her up well, since I won't be flipping back anytime soon. We'll see what it takes to flip her! She's still a BIT HEAVY! (but a SEXY CANOE!) I'm up earlier than ever, so far (on this project), thanks to the birds. Windows open, now, because of the heat. That means the Mighty Mo' is getting warmer, too...
                                     Canoe! Canoe!













No comments:

Post a Comment