Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Stern

    Good morning! Yesterday was a short day, because I had family over, for dinner. The sun was hidden behind a huge mass of unusual clouds, covering the whole area. There were long, curvy, well-defined leading edges, with a second, identical ridge stacked on the other. It kind of reminded me of pancakes! Maybe I missed breakfast, again...
    When I got to Wheat Ridge Canoe Camp, Tesla had something to say. I had concentrated too much on the bow, and she wanted me to give her some balance. Listening to the tree, I got choppin' on the stern. The starboard side is sitting at an angle, higher than the port. This makes chopping a little more difficult. That said, there's a LOT of wood chips to be made! This was, officially, Day 7, and I still didn't know which "line" I was going to use... my original, or the "check line." At this point, I'm still liking my original lines. I marked them a little more clearly, especially in the middle, and on the bow & stern. I pulled the stern in, from the starboard, mostly. She has a thick layer of sapwood, and the difference, when you get to the heartwood, is noticeable! Again, she's VERY JUICY, and has more of a yellow tinge, when uncovered. Sexy canoe!
    The view from the road is getting interesting, and we're getting more looks. The DUGOUT CANOE MAGIC is working, in this neighborhood! I might have come up with an idea, to enhance this projects effects, locally. I'll let you know, when I have a stronger concept of it. It's all about spreading the Dugout Canoe Love! Canoe! Canoe!











The progression of the stern, week 1

No comments:

Post a Comment