Friday, April 11, 2014

Flat Is Where It's At!

   Good morning! Good day choppin' yesterday! My Mom was heading to the West side, so I caught a ride, and got there a little earlier than usual. She couldn't believe how wide Tesla is. I got to work, digging a little more around the bow. Then, I decided to start flattening 'er bottom a little more. 
    Her lines are becoming a little clearer. The bottom MAY just be the top of the canoe! We'll see. The checks are continuing to spread, and I'll have to do something to stop it, soon. I've all but committed to the original lines, now. A little more choppin', and there's no changing-up. Today, I'm likely to keep flattening the bottom, but we'll have to see what Tess says...
    My back had been getting "tore-up," and I haven't been able to put in many long days. Numbness in my arms, this morning. My hands are blistering, again. I'm trying to push-through this, and stay a little longer, today. The days are getting warmer, here, and the Platte is flowing well enough to paddle! Knotty's waiting by the Beaverhead, ready to go. I love my trees! I'm just anxious to get out there, on the Missouri!!! Knotty and I have waited for this journey for a long time. It's almost time! Canoe! Canoe!
Can YOU see a canoe??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment