Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Shaping Up!

Good morning! Crazy day, yesterday... Woke up to seriously overcast skies. It didn't look good. My mind was telling me to stay home, but my heart told me to go chop. Lucky me, I follow my heart, nowadays! When I got off my last bus, it was clearly raining in the mountains, not far from Canoe Camp. It looked like we were gonna get hit. I walked to the tree, anyway, to see her, if nothing else. I pretty much gave up, looking at the coming storm. I walked down the street, to my friends' house, while I was there. After a short visit, the sun seemed to be pokin' out... so I headed back, saying, "Good morning" to the horses next door...
    The checks are still the main concern. I'm going to attempt to stop them, I believe. I'll know more, when I see her this morning. I was a bit in limbo, as far as where to cut. I have two possible "lines" to work with, at the moment. I still like my original lines, but I have figured out my alternative "check lines." I went ahead, and carved 'em out, a little, so I could get a better look at the canoe. Now, on BOTH ends, I have two different "points." The tricky thing is, one is an upright view, the other is the hull! It looks a little strange, honestly. If I can figure out my plans, I can rock out ONE set of lines, more clearly, today! I get excited, when I see her taking shape!!! 
    As sore as I am, my hands are already callousing-up! My wrists are getting stronger, as well. My back... is my back. Miss Ellie gifted me a fine hand-cranked Red Cross flashlight, and a collapsible knife! I helped her move some boxes of clothes out front, for the veterans. She's a wonderful person! I can't wait to see her garden growing!
    I'm not much good at this blogging thing, but just realized I can throw a picture up, so...




                   This is the progression, from Day 1 - Day 5... looking at the Bow, from the port side...

    I'll attempt to put pics up, as I go. More are available at Dugout Canoe Love, on Facecrook! Find it. "Like" it! Canoe! Canoe!   

No comments:

Post a Comment