Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Little Here, A Little There...

Good morning! A beautiful day, yesterday. Sun all day, with very little wind (by Wheat Ridge standards). Lee gave me a proper marker, enabling me to "see" the TWO possible bows that I'm working on. I made basic, vertical lines for the bow end, and started digging towards them. In doing so, I went into the small check, and toward the center of the canoe. Today, we'll find out if this was a good move.
    While most of my focus was on the bow, I did give the stern a little love. I finally took a chunk of the port side out... the already split "jowls." I got a good chunk out, but there's a bunch more. I proceeded to start shaping the stern, mostly, again, on the port side. I've hit a low point, at the jowls, and can't chop below it, with my back. Within a week or so, I'll have to flip 'er over, and work the top side, and inside, of the canoe.
    My back seems to be doing worse, by the day. I've been VERY bad about hydrating, and that's NOT helping! I'm trying to focus on that, today. My brother, and his family, are coming to dinner, this evening. Though I'm hurting, and didn't sleep well (back pain), I'm resisting the temptation to take the day off. It's another beautiful day, and Tess is calling me! The neighbors are getting more curious, by the day. I can't let them down. Tess and I started something, here... Canoe! Canoe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment