Sunday, April 6, 2014

Blisters

    Good morning! Yesterday, as predicted, was tough. I rushed out, without having breakfast, to start. Rushing, and NOT eating, are two things I don't like to do. 
    The bus ride is interesting, always. I'm already recognizing regulars. The drivers frequently do the same routes, as well. It's a 3-4 hour round-trip, so I even bring my mp3 player. I don't usually wear it, when I'm getting around. I like to be aware of my surroundings, and be in the moment. 
    I proceeded on, working on her bottom, concentrating on the bow. My back is what it is... not good. My wrists are starting to adapt to the punishment, again. My hands are blistering up, and transforming into chopper's mitts. I moved some wood, yesterday, but didn't impress myself. Today, I will push THROUGH this wall, which isn't really there! Paddlers reach this point, when taking long journeys on the rivers. We all do, in reality, from time-to-time, on the different journeys of life. Getting "over the hump," is very important! You KNOW your goal is on "the other side," and you MUST make a decision, here. Do you really WANT it??? Would you rather have REGRET??? Dreaming is the start, but you have to follow that dream, wherever it goes, to see it through! When you DO, your life CHANGES! Believe me. I have learned this! 
    Well... gotta make some breakfast, before I go. Oh... some kids stopped by Canoe Camp, looking for work! I talked to one of them, and I'm thinking they'll be back. The tree is already stirring up her magic! Struck by lightning, with unlimited energy... Tesla The Dugout Canoe!               Canoe! Canoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment