Monday, April 7, 2014

Hurtin'

    Good morning! Great day, yesterday, as I continued flattening her big, wide, bottom! Miss Ellie came to look, bringing a friend. She invited me in, for coffee and a brownie! What a wonderful hostess! She has a very big lot, with lots of work to do. I'll be helping her, once in a while... probably in the huge garden, mostly. I'm grateful to have such a perfect place for Canoe Camp!
    I'm really hurtin', today. My back is absolutely horrible, and I feel like giving it a rest. I can't. The tree is talking to me, now, and I've got a big decision to make. The check, that runs down her center, seems to be spreading. It wants to go straight across the bow! I must deal with this. If I patch it, the seal would force the water out SOMEWHERE ELSE. If I don't, she may split in half! The thing is, after looking at this, extensively, that may not be a bad thing! I could, indeed, have TWO CANOES, here! This is a most UNexpected development! 
    To do this, I would need to get another chainsaw, and follow the check through the canoe. I THINK there's enough gunwales, but I MUST be sure, if I do this. I can't completely flatten the bottom, until I KNOW where it is! This is a problem. By the end of today, I should know where we're going, with this. 
    I also had my first "woodchucks," yesterday! My best friend, Doug, came down with his family, and they all gave it a whack! A little while later, a whole crew from We Are Change Colorado came by, and a few grabbed my adze, as well! A guy I met on the bus, the other day, showed up before any of these guys, just to see the project, and said he'll be back. Yes, there's DUGOUT CANOE MAGIC in the air! Tess is a very powerful tree, with a lot of energy. The community is starting to feel it. Love is here.
                                     Canoe! Canoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment