Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Ooh Baby!

    Good morning! A windy day, yesterday... and even MORE this morning! I still got some good choppin' in. I'm smoothing out her bottom, as I get it close to the finished lines. I'm hoping for another productive day, today! We're very close to flipping her, and I'm anxious for that moment! I haven't SEEN the top of the canoe, since I got her dropped off!
    My back is feeling it, bad. The weather has been changing, drastically, back-and-forth. My knees feel it, too. I hope to set-up a shop, soon, where I can accumulate some more good tools, including a chain-saw or two. My back is telling me that this would be a good idea! I'm still debating using one, when we flip her. I enjoy the process of hand-carving! That said, using the best tools available just makes good sense. Many people suggest that would take away from the project. I beg to differ. Making a fine canoe is my focus, here... and I WILL get her done! She'll be beautiful... AND functional! I will be happy, and so will the tree. That's good enough, for me.
                                     Canoe! Canoe!






No comments:

Post a Comment