Thursday, April 17, 2014

Bottom's Up!

    Good morning! Guess what I did, yesterday? Yep. Kept workin' on her big ol' bottom! She's still getting flatter, and the shape is showing a little more. Bruce and Aaron, from We Are Change Colorado, swung by with a camera. By the time I got home... late... Bruce already had a video posted! I really appreciate the interest, guys. Canoe Camp just happens to be "spitting distance" from their place. Synchronicity.
    It looked like rain was coming, all day long, but it never came. I kept chopping away, losing my sense of "time." There was no way to guage where the sun was. That's okay. I'm at my best, when I let go of "time." All that mattered was Tess. This is how it should be.
    She is starting to show signs of drying, now. I'll be picking up epoxy and linseed oil, on my way to the tree, today. The weather is weird, but I think it will be dry enough to plug her checks. Then, I'll give her a heavy coat of oil on the ends. When I have the bottom more or less flat, I will coat it, as well. She'll look a little different, with her oil applied. I think she'll drink it up! 
    Anyway... gotta get ready. I use mass transit, and it takes a while to go shopping. Canoe! Canoe!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment