Sunday, April 20, 2014

Oil

    Good morning! Rain threatened to come in on us, yesterday... and it finally did! I knew I'd be taking (today) off, and wanted to get some oil on her. I kept flattening the bottom, little-by-little. Saw Miss Ellie, Gregory, and John, in Camp. Met another horseback rider!
    I must say, counting the days is not sitting well, with me. When you consider "time" on a project like this, it can mess with you. I've worked on the bottom for a solid two weeks, and it's not quite ready to be flipped! TIME DOESN'T MATTER. This, I must remember! When all is said and done, I will have a beautiful DUGOUT CANOE! How long it took to make her will just be part of her story. And life goes on...
    I got the oil on her... just before the rain came in! I did her semi-flat bottom, and the bow, again. She liked it. Canoe! Canoe!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment