Sunday, April 13, 2014

Better Lines

    Good morning! Late start, yesterday... left the house much later than normal, waited for second bus for over an hour, somehow. Finally got there, and helped Miss Ellie around the property, for a while. Eventually, I got choppin'.
    I dug out the corners some more. Got closer to the actual lines, on the ends of the canoe, little-by-little. I'm still pretty sure that this is her hull. The scars on the other side will show her character. I MUST remember how much tree there IS, here! If I flatten the hull, entirely, I don't really take away my options. There's so much tree here, that I could dig down into it, and still have my wave-breakers on the ends. I've been too cautious, as I was with Knotty The Dugout Canoe. It felt good to make 'er lines a little clearer. I think other people might even see a canoe being unveiled!
    It's supposed to rain and/or snow, today. It's already wet, and very cloudy. I've decided to take a day off, here. My back needs it, more than anything. Chopping on the trees is pretty rough on your bod! I'll probably rough them out with chainsaws, from now on. It just makes good sense! Of course, if someone commissions me to carve them a CUSTOM DUGOUT CANOE, and they want me to only use hand tools, I'm game. 
    That said, my "company" is in total disarray! Knotty, my "flagship," is waiting for me, in Twin Bridges, Montana. Ol' Red needs about a week of work, and is waiting for me in Index, Washington. The 2013 Barter Faire Canoe is sitting where I left her, in Curlew Lake, waiting to be moved into Republic, Washington, where I can finish her... in about two weeks. The Big Pine has been deemed "inaccessible." All that work... for naught! And then... there's Tesla...
    Tess hasn't given me a clue, as to where our journey is headed. I have to pay attention to her, as I chop. She called me, and I came. We're on our way... somewhere! If you think these things through, you have the chance of MISSING the opportunity. I've learned to "go with the flow!" Once again, this isn't for everybody. I know that what I do isn't most people's "cup of tea." I guess that's why I am here. Actually... I KNOW that's why I'm here. We all have something to GIVE to this world. I've got some Dugout Canoe Love! Canoe! Canoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment