Friday, April 4, 2014

Day 2

    Good morning! I'm preparing to head-out for another day of choppin'! Had to take a day off, yesterday, since it snowed 5 or 6 inches, overnight! This is Colorado, though, and it's about gone, already. My back needed a day off, anyway. Hopefully, I'll hold-up well, today, and make a pile of chips!
    I can't tell you hoe good it feels to be back with the trees! Staying in the city, this winter, only confirmed what I already knew... I'm not a city-dweller, anymore! Been there, done that. My place is out there... somewhere... away from the madness that is "civilization." I'm MORE than happy, to give up the internet connection! In my boredom, I have wasted many hours... "trolling" around, which is basically "channel surfing" on the net. When I caught myself surfing the television channels, years ago, I wound up throwing out my T.V.! It may be a sign of another big change coming...
    Of course, the main reason I continue to be "on-line," is to share my dugout canoe journeys. So many wonderful things happen, along the way! The smiling faces that these journeys create, is what it's all about! We ALL learn new things about life, and about each other. I find I learn more about myself, as well, along the line. The whole process helps you grow, as a human being, which I rarely found in any other work I have done. These trees do, in fact, have a magic to them, that's hard to describe. They help me help them, in their transformation! I'm very fortunate that they have honored me, in this way. They chose me... that's how I find them. I'm typing too much, and just missed a bus! Gotta go get the next one... Have a great day! Canoe! Canoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment