Sunday, September 15, 2013

THE DECISION

Good morning!
    Well, yesterday was decision time... again. I can't get help moving the tree for a couple of more weeks. Working on the hill has been difficult, to say the least. I needed better footing, at least. Enter... Peter Tack.
    Peter is a very
WOW! ABOUT 20-30 GEESE JUST FLEW LOW, OVER THE TREES... RIGHT OVER MY HEAD! i COULD HEAR THE HEAVY FLAPPING OF THEIR WINGS!
    O.K. Where was I???
    Oh, yeah. Peter is a very talented wood carver/artist who made fis living with a chain-saw, back in the day. Now, he makes walking sticks, beaded jewlery, and portraits! He offered to help, with the chain-saw. I couldn't pass it up! He had already offered to hit the big knots, but I wanted more. With my back and knees the way they are, I was having trouble standing on top of the tree. Well, to make a long story short, I can stand IN it, now!
    I'll be choppin' in a big way, today! Afterwards, I will coat a large portion of the canoe with linseed oil. I must protect the gunwales, since they are exposed, now. The bow needs another coat, as well. I'll do the entire outside of the canoe, eventually. For now, the inside stays dry... I'm choppin' in there!
    Let me be clear... I'm making the best DUGOUT CANOE I can! Using the best tools availeable is
A DEER JUST RAN BY THE CANOE!
    Anyway... Using the best tools availeable makes sense. I assure you, my Great Great Great Great Grandpa William used the best tools HE had! I made KNOTTY THE DUGOUT CANOE (GOOGLE IT) with hand tools, only. That said, when I modified her, after paddling across Nebraska, I FINISHED her with a grinder! She's super-sexy, now, and half her original weight (as a canoe)! I'll paddle her down the Mighty Mo', next Spring...
    My focus, here, is the BIG PINE. Mother nature is going to test me, soon, I feel. It's a cool morning. Godd chopping weather, though! I need to get this beauty off this hill before the first snow! There's only one thing to do... CHOP!
                                  CANOE! CANOE!

No comments:

Post a Comment