Friday, September 13, 2013

DEER

Good afternoon!
    Sorry I'm so late today. Just got back. Yesterday, I looked harder, at the stern. Trying to figure out just how much canoe I have, here. Looks like a four-man dugout. I could make a really nice three-man, but the tree seems to want four. That decided, more or less, I headed to town.
    I hadn't stretched my vocal chords in a while, so I headed to Madonna's for their biggest night of the week... karaoke night. The KJ was flippin' discs, old-school. No hard-drive, no computer. I remember those days... What was even funnier, was the HAND-WRITTEN song books! Funny!
    Anyway, a guy I met a few weeks ago found me at the watering hole. I found his place in the wee hours oft the morning, I thought. Since I hadn't been there yet, I wasn't sure, so I slept on the ground, out back. Woke up to a small deer about six feet from me. He was startled, as I raised my head. I was startled, too! These deer are everywhere, in town! Anyway, I finally got too cold, and ventured into the house. Peeking into the living room, I saw the hammock, hanging in the room. It was the right place!
    After meeting the roomies, I went into town for breakfast. Then, I headed towards Curlew Lake, on foot. Some guys pulled over, though they were going the other way! Brandon remembered me from singing last night, and he, Mark, and Justin gave me a ride all the way back to Canoe Camp! Cool!
    Concrete guys put more sealer on, this morning, and it stinks. 90-something degrees. Trying to motivate. 

                                    CANOE! CANOE!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment