Sunday, September 22, 2013

Gunwales

Good morning!
    Had a good day of choppin',yesterday! I continued bringing down the gunwales, and evening them out. I mostlyworked onthe port side, after starting with the starboard. Theport had to come DOWN... about 4 inches! I'm getting rid of the critters! To do so, I have to get rid of most, if not all, of the blue fungus.
    She's going to look quite different, when it's all over. She'll be leaner, for sure, but not necessarily SMALL! I tried out the tarp I got for her, a 20-footer. Too small. Though it covers the inside of the canoe, at this point, she's about 23-24ft, overall. At the moment. We'll see if I can keep those ends oiled up enough to use the way I want to.
    Today, I'll proceed on... choppin' the gunwales, and doing whatever the tree wants. She's getting oiled again,before I go to the Blake Noble concert at the Republic Brewing Company. He's a guitar/didgeridoo player from Australia... transplanted to Seattle. I Youtubed it, and was impressed! Check him out!
                                     CANOE! CANOE!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment