Monday, September 30, 2013

POT-LUCK

Good morning!
    Rain and wind all day, yesterday. During a break in the weather, I chopped a little on the stern. I'm not sure of her actual width, yet, and MAY have to make her a little shorter. If the critters weren't in there, I would use the sapwood on this tree, to get extra width. That said, I don't normally use the sapwood. The heartwood is what I want. There's more density and color in the heartwood.
    Last night Melissa, Peter, and I joined my Voyages of Rediscovery brothers at their camp in Kettle Falls. A bunch of people showed up for a pot-luck dinner to send them back up the river. They were STILL working on the new canoe last night! They plan on leaving, in the rain, today! I don't think this is wise, but I wish them well. They have to take THEIR journey. I DO wish they would take more care of the dugouts, though. Inchy is beat-up, and needs a LOT of attention. I don't understand. Not my business. They know I'm here for them.
    Looks like a better day, today. Gonna grab my coffee, now. Good to see my friends in Kettle Falls (and Northport) last night! Donna-Gay, Cliff, and Haven will all be at Barter Faire in a few weeks! Cool!!!
                                       CANOE! CANOE!

No comments:

Post a Comment