Saturday, September 28, 2013

Good morning!
    Had to go to town yesterday, at the last minute. Gathered some more winter clothes and food. It's over an hour to Colville, which is a little bigger than Republic. When you are this far out of town, you have to make your trips count!
    Though I didn't get anything done on MY canoe, I ran into my boys from Voyages of Rediscovery, in Kettle Falls! I saw THEIR canoe... a David Thompson-style cedar plank canoe. They plan on paddling up the Columbia (from here) on Monday. If possible, we'll join them for a farewell pot-luck dinner, on Sunday.
    Looks like a crappy day out there. Regardless, I think I'm choppin', today. I have some awesome Steady's Coffee (probably roasted by Donna-Gay), and I'm fired-up.
                                   CANOE! CANOE!

No comments:

Post a Comment