Friday, September 20, 2013

GUNWALES

Good morning!
    I started evening out the gunwales, and getting through the blue crud. Lots of critters still in the tree. I think the cold weather is affecting the yellow-jackets, since they aren't swarming as much as they were. I've got another week, at least, 'until thr tree guy comes. Gotta keep shoppin'!
    I expected to see my Voyages of Rediscovery brothers in Kettle Falls, today, but it looks like that isn't happening. I need to dedicate myself, here, to MY project. My back has been horrible, but I MUST push through the pain. When I clean up her lines, I get more motivated! The problem is, her awkward angle has made that difficult. The hull, in particular, concerns me. After I clean up the gunwales, and dig it out a bit, I'll start stripping the other bad wood off the outside of the canoe. I'm carving this one inside-out, which is an idea Jay and I had talked about on the Lewis and Clark Trail. Make the inside comfortable, then get rid of the fat! That's the idea...
                                      CANOE! CANOE!

No comments:

Post a Comment