Monday, October 21, 2013

SUCCESS!

Good morning!
    I'm back from Barter Faire. What a weekend! Hundreds of people, mostly kids, helped carve  about a thousand pounds of pine! We worked with the canoe right-side-up the whole time. At the moment, we have three seats carved into her! I have to open up the inside some more, and finish the ends of the canoe. 
    Dave Konz, after DUMPING the canoe off, came back to the Faire on Saturday. After spending the night, he and Martin went back to Republic, and worked on a ride back for the canoe. Keith, from Anderson's Grocery in Republic, came down with a big truck and a flat-bed trailer. A small crew of helpers, including our Netherlands friend, Martin, got the canoe on the trailer.
    Today, I wait to see when the canoe will come to town... sometime today, apparently.  I expect to set my new Canoe Camp up top, at Curlew Lake. Dave has considered having me at the ranch, I believe. We'll see. I've got TWO canoes to work on, now... and Winter is coming! Where will I go for the season??? We'll see...
                          CANOE! CANOE!

No comments:

Post a Comment