Tuesday, October 15, 2013

ANOTHER TREE?

Good morning!
    Another frosty fog this morning at Curlew Lake Canoe Camp! Had a big day yesterday, as I continued searching for some help. Dugout canoe magic is here. Only my "Blogger" friends will know about this FIRST...
    Melissa introduced me to a very nice man the other night. Dave Konz came over, after dark, on Sunday. He thought he could help get the BIG pine out of the hole... until he saw it! We talked for a while, and he invited us down to his ranch yesterday. 
    We took a look at his guge "dude ranch", while we waited. Very nice! He shwed up, and took us to see some logs he had lying around. Wow. WOW! He actually had three or four possible canoes! We agreed on one that was accessible for him, and will be heading back to the ranch today. We're going to slab off the bottom and top, and perhaps the ends, the way we did last year, for Barter Faire. THIS will be the 2013 Barter Faire Dugout Canoe!
     While in town, we ran into Paul Anderson. He is still planning on helping us with the BIG pine, as soon as he fixes the brake lines on his big rig. I'm hoping we can do this before I leave for the Faire. Either way, we'll get her out. I'll finish this beauty before I leave for the Winter.
I just didn't expect to carve TWO canoes here!
The trees come to me. I'm just goin' with the flow...
                        CANOE! CANOE!

No comments:

Post a Comment