Tuesday, October 29, 2013

HURTS SO GOOD...

Good morning!
   Yesterday, Tom and Melissa helped me re-position the little canoe at Curlew Lake Canoe Camp. After "dressing" my camp, I got choppin'! 
    I started opening the middle of the canoe, and continued by opening the gunwales on the port side. I was excited to be chopping up top, in a suitable place! I may have been TOO excited. I ripped something in my right forearm... possibly a tendon. It's not good. The wood was cutting so well, and I was making much better progress, as I chopped. This set-back hurts in more ways than one. I could FINISH this canoe in about two weeks, if only I could keep choppin'!
    For now, I'm contacting local schools about coming to camp. I'm also making final touches on my new web-site for my canoe business. Will I ever be able to make a living doing this?
    I HAVE TO!

                         CANOE! CANOE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment