Sunday, October 6, 2013

EVEN IT OUT

Good morning!
    I decided to hop in the canoe, and work on the starboard gunwales. The canoe is presenting itself to me, now. Her lines are becoming more visible, even to a blind guy! (half-joking) I took a walk with Melissa, and wound up at the top of the tree. I had only been up there once or twice before. It's a very different perspective!
    This really IS a crazy way to make a canoe! It's almost surreal! Looking back DOWN the tree, the stern was about fifty to sixty feet down the hill! The bow, in comparison, is another 24ft or so UP the other hill. On the far side of the whole thing, the 25ft stump still stands. My little tent sits well below all of this. 
    I have cleared out debris to make access for Darren (the tree guy), so he can pull it up top, if he ever decides to. At this point, I'm figuring we'll have to get her light enogh to CARRY out of here. My only problem is the time-frame, which I don't usually HAVE in my camp. I promised I'd bring a tree to Barter Faire, and that is a week from Thursday. I've got to have her on a trailer by then. Oh yeah... gotta find a trailer... and a rig to move it...and a driver. I'm workin' on it!
                               CANOE! CANOE!

No comments:

Post a Comment